Monday, May 10, 2010

Idaho girl creates controversy by joining boys' lacrosse team

I think Sara Maras is an inspiration to young girls because she is a believer and a hero. I think she is doing the right thing by fighting to play with the boys. In many sports, rules are different for males and females because people have this mentality that a woman cannot do what a man can. I think as long as a person is a good player he or she should be able to play for any team. Parents and other coaches worry that boys would not play with full speed and she would get hurt, but isn’t there a chance of getting hurt even if she played for the girl’s team? They make it OK for boys to be aggressive and get hurt in the field, but not for a girl. I think Sara Maras should be allowed to play for the boy’s team not because the idea of that she can keep up with the boys, but for being a talented player.

Chinthani De Alwis
Kin 338I
TTH 2-3:15pm

No comments: