Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Final Distance Learning

Did your view of women in sport change as a result of this course? Why or why not?
-My view of women in sport did change as a result of taking this course. I always had known women weren't paid as much as men and overall as professionals, but I never realized the extent of all the obstacles women had to face in many different aspects of sport. It gives me a better appreciation for the women who have become successful, and who have paved the way for others. I am also more aware of the exploitation of women in sports and the media now. I will look at ads in new ways, and know that often women have fewer options when it comes to endorsements, and the ads they have to o to make a living.


What did you expect to learn in this course? Did you learn it?
- I expected to obviously learn about women in sport in this class and i did. I also expected to learn about some feminist ideals when it comes to sport and that was also included in the course materials. I was not expecting to have these concepts really change my opinions, but they did. I would definitely now advocate for women to have more equity in sport, and i am now aware of how much it is lacking. It was a well developed look into the many different facets of women in sport from their history o their modern day struggles.

Kellen Chamberlin
Kin 338I Section 5306

No comments: