Monday, May 10, 2010

Final Exam- Distance Learning

Final Exam- Distance Learning
1) One thing I was surprised to learn in this course is how Penn State women’s basketball coach Rene Portland discriminated against her lesbian player’s for about 25 years. I was surprised to learn this because you would think no matter the sport the coach would worry about winning and not the sexual orientation of their player’s. Also I was surprised that this issue wasn’t in the media more than it was because this issue could be happening at another University.
2) Before taking this course I used to think that male athletes and female athletes in the media were photographed in the same athletic/dominating photographs, but now since taking this course I think that male athletes are photographed showing their dominance while female athletes are shown more in a sexual way. From the panel position research and learning in class allowed me to be more aware of this issue in magazines and on the television.

No comments: