Thursday, May 13, 2010

49er Volleyball

After taking this class this semester made me more interested in sport especially women in sport. I recently received “The Beach Review” to my home. Quickly looking over I would have normally tossed it aside, but something stood out this time. It was the sport section; the headliner was of our Women’s Volleyball team. I have been a student here for 3 years but never really heard about our volleyball teams. It was nice to see a female sport mention first in the sport section before the male teams. In the article it said that The Long Beach State women’s volleyball team won its second consecutive Big West Championship. This took our 49ers to their 23rd consecutive NCAA tournament. I can’t believe I was so obvious on how the women sport teams on my own campus were doing. I want to thank this class for helping me become more aware and knowledge of females in sport. As well to support our amazing athletes and help bring more attention to female athleticism.
Jamie Ruiz
T/Th 9:30-10:45

No comments: