Monday, May 17, 2010

Final Exam-Distance Learning

My view of women in sport has changed since taking this class in that I have so much more respect for the many obstacles that they have to conquer. I think that we have a tendency to take for granted all the steriotypes that they deal with, as well as the inbalance in support because they are so often judged based on their bodies instead of their performance.
If there was one idea I would share from this course, I would want people to be more aware of their surroundings and realize that we as women are still far from achieving equality in sport and in ordinary life. I would want girls to realize what they are perpetuating when they put their bodies out for men to look at like a piece of meat, and I would want men to have more respect for what women go through.

Bethany Endter
TuTh9:30

No comments: