Friday, May 21, 2010

Distance Learning (Ray Kim, KIN 338i,04)

Coming into the course I expected to learn about the various obstacles women face and have faced when participating in sports whether it be gaining entry or finding equality. Being an Athletic Training student I wanted to gain a broader perspective of what female athletes must deal with when playing sports as they can be put under a lot of pressure and scrutiny from family, peers, coaches, etc.

I don't think my views have changed but I have gained a broader understanding of the challenges and hurdles female athletes must go through when participating in sports. I've always respected the female athlete and the difficulties they might face when playing a particular sport that may not be deemed feminine or the pressures they are put under to maintain a certain body type. However, my knowledge was fairly shallow, and since taking this class I've not only come to better understand but also better sympathize with women athletes.

No comments: