Wednesday, November 30, 2011

"Training Rules" Video

Regarding the video “Training Rules”, all I have to say is that Rene Portland is out of her mind and just a flat out terrible person. It’s fine with me if people don’t approve of homosexual relationships. I don’t really understand what they disapprove of, but it’s their opinion so they can think and feel how they want. But to enforce the “no lesbians” rule that Portland did on her team for so many years is just astounding to me. It also blows my mind that she would not only kick girls off of her team and take away their scholarships, but then go so far as to make it practically impossible for the girls to transfer and play basketball at a different school. I don’t understand why people allowed her to get away with this for so long or merely giver her a tiny slap on the wrist the one time she did get in slight trouble. I also don’t understand why, once the story of her blatant discrimination against homosexuals did get out, girls still wanted to play for her. I understand she’s a great coach but I personally wouldn’t want to play for such a terrible woman. And she’s never won a national title anyways! I guess I knew people still had issues with homosexuality but never really realized just how big of an issue the discrimination still is.


Chelsea Brown

KIN 338I-06

No comments: