Monday, November 28, 2011

Big Running

Before reading the sports journal article"Clydesdale Runners and Technologies of the Body" it had not come to my attention that there was a such thing as a Clydesdale running community. I was so intrigued with this community because I can relate to their experiences. Being a big individual, I just recently began running and know the mental strength it takes for a big individual not give up and keep at it. Weight division in marathon running is something that I was really thrilled about, it makes me want to join a marathon if there is weight division because it seems to make everything fair. Not all of runners meet the runners body criteria, runners come in all different shapes and sizes and having weight divisions would make marathon running a great experience for everyone.

Also, the article discussed how the Clydesdale running community supports and cheers for each other at the end of each marathon even after the main winners had already left. One important thing I learned from running is that a little support really goes a long way. After reading the article, I am seriously considering running the next Los Angeles Marathon. This article has inspired me and made me realize that there are big individuals, like me, out there do not give up in long distance running.

Jose T.
KIN 338I Sec 06 10771

No comments: