Thursday, November 17, 2011

PSU Scandal...

The social media in today's society has a great impact in all the news that is happening. One of the main news they are focusing today, would have to he the PSU scandal. Even though I am not a great sport's fan I have been following this scandal because I was really surprise in the way media and fans got involved in it. According to an article I read, the whole reason why people found out about what Sandusky was doing to the children was due to an Internet post somebody put up. With this said, you can just see how powerful the media had on this scandal. (http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/17/sports/ncaafootball/internet-posting-helped-sandusky-investigators.html?pagewanted=all?src=tp)
When I first heard about this scandal, I thought to myself  “ Damn I can’t believe the people that knew about this couldn’t just pick up a phone, call the police, and report this situation. By just that one phone call, it could have helped many victims stop getting abuse. They had many eye witnesses and some police reports, but still, nothing!! The media had come across the fact that people never did anything because they wanted to protect the name and reputation of Penn State. It is sad to say that people cared more about PSU reputation than saving some young boys' lives. What kind of society are we living in? 


Alicia Mercado
KIN 338I Section 1

No comments: