Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The only social media that I really watch is ESPN, and I feel like every story i've seen on ESPN has turned the story more into how this affects joe paterno. Yeah obviously what happened to joe paterno is kind of a big deal after he's been coaching at PSU for the last 45 years, but at the same time the story should be more about Sandusky, he was the one was raping little boys, allegedly...

I feel like certain people use their power to be deviant and are obviously able to get away with it for longer than any normal person would because of their power. But once they're caught the media goes off and its not just a story on the evening news, they get blown up for it, as they should.

No matter how I looked at it I couldn't make sense of Sandusky's crimes other than he's just a sick, sick individual.. As far as joe paterno I guess I would say that he and his coaches were part of the in group in the social structure. I would have to think that when you coach with someone for a great number of years you become great friends as well as co-workers. But with something like this just letting it slide under the rug and not worry about it is unacceptable. And they probably think that they were the only ones who knew about it, so as long as they stick together they might make it out of this. But I think and I hope the mothers of these alleged victims and the alleged victims themselves make sure that doesn't happen.

My reactions are that if Sandusky did do what he's being accused of then he's demented.. I also believe that joe paterno should have done more... He's a person in a place of power and a person who would have the ability to keep these things from happening, especially in his locker room... It just really troubles me that regardless of how long he was his assistant that after finding that out joe paterno would allow someone as obviously sick like that to stay around his program.. I want to be a division 1 baseball coach and if I was ever confronted with this situation that person would have been completely severed from the program so fast he wouldn't have known what happened. I lost a lot of respect for joe paterno because of this incident. I used to think it was awesome that he had been part of the program for so long and had so many wins but when the whole thing came out and he tried to stay with the program just till the end of the season, just so he could keep his "legacy" in tact. He obviously didn't care about his assistant coach allegedly raping young boys and he is making it look like he still really doesn't care, only when his "legacy" was going to be affected did he begin to worry about it.
Casey Feickert Kin 338I

No comments: