Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Title IX

I really found it interesting in how Title IX really works, because there was many times when I asked some of my friends the reason we didn't have a football team and they would always tell me it was because of Title IX. They would tell me that since there are more girls in our school that we cannot have a football team, which I now see is not true. That is just one of the myths about Title IX and I think it should be important if more people knew what Title IX is really about, because like in my case I was lead to believe that we did not have a football team because of that. I now see that there are other reasons why we do not have a football team and it was interesting to see how some of our tuition money is being used. I just think that it’s more important for more people to see the myths about Title IX. People just try to take the easy way out and blame this law. I also found interesting in how many people that try to stand up to the ongoing injustice in women sports get fired or get harassed because they try and speak up. I did not know that occurred in our college athletics and I believe that should not keep going on.


Hector B.

KIN3381 S6

No comments: