Thursday, October 13, 2011

Honestly, my purpose for taking this class was just to take care of the last capstone I needed, so I was not really excited about it, but now I am very glad I chose it. This class covers from the history in sports to the problems athletes face emotionally and physically. The topics we covered in class are really intense and made me realize what athletes; (especially women) go through on a daily basis. Out of all the topics we covered in class, there was one that really opened my eyes and stood out to me. This topic was eating disorders. Even though I knew they existed, I never thought it was to that extreme. Children are becoming more aware of their body as young as 9 years old and are unhappy of their weight. They feel that physical education classes harm them more than actually help them. Instead of feeling healthier, they feel ashamed and soon learn to hate themselves even more. All of this ties down to the fact that the media and society have created this perfect image, in which in reality does not exist. This class made me realize that we should all stop with this “fat talk” and learn to love ourselves the way we are.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Alicia mercado
Section 1 kin338i