Thursday, October 13, 2011

Let end Fat-phobia

After watching the Fat Free Talk video, and reading Ngan's blog, I'm thinking about my sister. She's not fat, but she's not skinny like some female in the media. However, my family always thinks that she is overweight. They used to ask her to lose some weight to get perfect body. At that time, I felt the same way as my family because of many women I see in the media. They look so great, so healthy. But I totally wrong because most fashion models are thinner than 98% of most America woman and some of them are not healthy. They force themselves to diet. Some of them even do not eat anything. They just drink water and some kinds of food to keep their lives. Day by day, they get anorexia. Ana Carolina Reston Marcan was one of them. She was a supermodel since she was thirteen. She would be fine if she didn’t heard some guys said that she was fat. Yet she took that very personally, and she died in 2007 because of her anorexia.

For my opinion, the message of Fat Free Talk video is right. “It’s time to focus on healthy ideal which look different for every woman and focus on health, not weight or size.” That is what I’m thinking now. How about you?

Duy Phan

KIN 338I Sec 01

No comments: