Wednesday, May 21, 2008

To the women of golf...

I'll be honest, I don;t know much about Golf. My mom watches it and plays, but thats about as close as we get. However, today in lass we touched on female golfers who choose to play in the men's tour as opposed to the women's. I might not be educated on Golf but i think that's great. I understand the argument that not playing with women sends a negative message about women's golf, but i think it sends a bigger message about equality and patriarchy. I'm happy that women are standing up. If they are not going to be compensated just because they are playing with other women, then let them play with men. If enough female golfers did this maybe someone over there would get a clue; women are just as good and they'll win their way to the top to prove it. I say YAY to pro female golfers. =)

Annette Gutierrez

No comments: