Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Destined to be the best?

As you may have heard, Candace Parker, the #1 overall pick of the 2008 WNBA Draft, is projected to be one of the best in the game. Well, she proved just that when she played in her first game on May 17, 2008 against Phoenix. She led the LA Sparks to a 99-94 win with a ridiculous stat sheet. Parker finished the game with 34 points, 8 assists, and 12 rebounds. That's just 2 assists shy of a triple-double, and that's just in her first game!!! That is amazing! Let me help you put this into perspective. Kobe Bryant and Lebron James are considered to be two of the best basketball players on the planet right now. On Kobe's first game as a rookie, he scored 0 points, 0 assists, and 1 rebound. Lebron on his first game had 17 points, 5 assists, and 1 rebound. Don't get me wrong, I love watching these guys play and I think they are the best players around, but they were blown away by Parker in her debut. The numbers don't lie. I bet they wish they could have had those numbers on their first game. I would........ I'm not sure if this is any indication of the future, but if it is then it is scary to think what she can accomplish in her future career.

- Huy Nguyen

No comments: