Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Guest Speaker

Today's guest speaker had some interesting insights, seeing as before she spoke in class, I had no idea a paraplegic could row anywhere near with the same power and endurance as an able bodied rower (and she proved me wrong) seeing as how I thought the legs were a big part of rowing. She must have trained an her upper body extra hard to be able to cross an ocean. Hearing about how she was kinda screwed over by the doctors who operated on her, and how she wasn't reimbursed for the damages she suffered was informative about how our servicemen/women are treated. Then how no one thought that she could do anything she wanted to do and almost no one would sponsor her made me think about all those people who no one believes in and they end up making it also. I still wonder if she got fully reimbursed for lost wages or if she just got paid minimal damages.
-Jesse S.
Tu-Th: 2:00-3:15 P
3023-06

No comments: