Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Angela Madsen

Knowing that our speaker in class today was going to be Angela Madsen I was very excited to come to class. I had heard her speak previously in a Sports Appreciation class I took two years ago. I remember how powerful her message was and was excited to hear what she had to say. When I first heard her speak she had not made the Cross-Indian Ocean trip yet, so it was exciting to hear about her new adventure. She is truly inspiring in the way she overcame all the challenges in her life. Surfing, Volleyball, Basketball, and Rowing are all thing that we as able-bodied people seem to take for granted. Not only did she overcome the challenges faced by continuing to play these sports although she was bound to a wheelchair, she also made the Guinness Book of Records for the fastest time crossing the Indian Ocean. She has inspired me to focus on the good things in life and that sometimes; although, you are faced with obstacles, you have to push forward and overcome them.

Ray Wertz

KIN 338I Tue/Thurs 2:00


No comments: