Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Your Good for a Girl


All my life I have always had a passion for snowboarding. Being a girl it has been difficult to receive the respect on and off the slopes each time I am up in Big Bear, Vail, Snow Bird, Brighton where ever I may be. I enjoy riding but it is very insulting when a guy tells me I ride "Good for a girl". What the heck is that supposed to mean? If i were a dude I wouldn't be skilled. What I don't understand is why people don't think us girls can take on the sport just as much as a guy can. Being a 5th year season pass holder and a follower of Big Bear mountain's newsletter I am pleased to have read that this upcoming season Burton's girls team will be coming to visit and taking a photo shoot with the special made quarter pipe for extreme boosting. Along with the quarter pipe photo shoot they will be putting in some down rails and showing off the girls talents. Last year when the Burton team came to visit Bear Mountain, the event was so successful that they were invited to join again. From the footage from last year and the pictures posted, I hope that all people whether men or women see this understand that snowboarding can be for both males or females. And that there are some women out there that can shred and kick butt just as much as a guy can!

Kin338i Section 6
C. Elliot

No comments: