Thursday, December 8, 2011

Tennis hidden in the shadow

The media likes to place attention towards men’s sports the most. I have been a fan of sports since I could see television and never thought about how basis the media can be towards genders. I found a article on the ESPN website that had the headline “Ana Ivanovic cruises to rout in final”. The article was about a tennis match called the WTA Tournament with a player by the name of Ana Ivanovic defended her Champion title. She won with a 6-3, 6-0 over a player known as Anabel Medina Garrigues this passed Sunday.The article seemed interesting to me as a reader based on the fact that the information was on posted on television as a headline. Instead, the article was on a website and located under other sports. The two players that were a part of the Championship Tournament are new to me as a sports fan that has watched ESPN on a daily basis. The media presents the perspective that they want the audience to believe and what image is considered the right look. I hope that in the future that more women athletes are represented in the sports media and placed in the shadows.
http://espn.go.com/tennis/story/_/id/7198924/ana-ivanovic-rolls-final-successfully-defend-wta-tournament-champions-title

Tatiana S.kin 338I.S6
Fall2011 t-th9:30

No comments: