Thursday, December 8, 2011

More benefits of Yoga

My personal experience with Yoga

After hearing the lecture on yoga in class, I just wanted to give my personal story about the wonders of yoga and how it’s helped me control things in my life by connecting my mind and body back. A couple of semesters ago when I started attending CSULB, I worked and went to school and I gradually started going to sleep later and later at night, until some nights I wasn’t going to sleep at all, and it showed. My boss starting taking my hours away in the mornings cause I looked so bad. That’s when I realized I might’ve had a slight case of insomnia and went to the doctor. He of course prescribed medication for sleeping pills but I was too scared I would become dependent of them like many people are. He suggested exercise, when that didn’t help he suggested yoga. I wasn’t flexible and nor did I want to go any class and do it in front of a lot of people so I got a video, “yoga for stress relief”. After the first night I did it I slept like a baby. I did it for a week straight and haven’t looked back ever since. Within a week my insomnia was completely cured. Now I try to do it now at least once a week, but I haven’t had any problems sleeping, in writing this blog I probably jinxed myself but at least I know now how to control it. I strongly suggest everyone add yoga to their exercise routine.

Christopher Barnett

Kin 338I - Sec 06

No comments: