Thursday, May 21, 2009

From Infants to Internet

Although some of the class discussions towards the end of the semester may have been a bit uncomfortable (as a male), I believed these to be some of the most informative. I learned alot about what exercise was appropriate for a pregnant woman. I learned that any extreme form of exercise should be halted after the first trimester and that walking really is the cure to almost anything.I also learned that body temperature should be regulated to ensure that hyperthermia or hypothermia does not impede the baby's growth. I believe the internet can be used as a productive vehicle for change for women in sport. As anyone with a television can tell you, women's athletics are rarely televised. It is often said that there is not enough of a fan base to air women's sporting events. I disagree and believe that the internet would be a great tool in proving the above statement untrue. The internet would be a great way to put fans in front of their favorite action through live streams and automatic updates. Women could have their own site, similar to ESPN's which streams live video of football, basketball, and baseball games. The internet would be a great way to show how exciting women's sporting events can really be.

-Jordan Young KIN 338I T/TH 2:00

No comments: