Thursday, May 21, 2009

Barriers to Excercise

In the beginning I decided to take this class because in High school I was never involved in any sports activities. However, my mother was in track throughout her high school career and I thought this was a way I would be able to understand where she was coming from and understand myself. At the end I did just that.


I realized that I miss out on a very important life experience. At the time I thought a sport was joining a team; however, just exercising was enough. I had always found that there was some difficulty that some black women in America faced when confronted with exercise. Religion, family, exercising for vanity or past injury is used as an excuse to stop themselves. Its interesting how all of those points can be used as a positive drive to be more active however on the contrary most times is used as an excuse to defend non activity.

In my case I used the excuse lack of time and opportunity. However, it was that same reason why I decided to get back into exercising. Taking a negative and turning it into a positive is the best method to becoming active in sport.



Romaina M. Kin 338i T/Th 2:00-3:15

No comments: