Thursday, December 10, 2009

Paying the Price...

Tiger Woods is an international sports super star. He has won countless titles in golf and is one of the most successful athletes. However, all the fame and glory cannot save anyone from the scrutiny of the media and the public eye. It saddens me that all people are talking about are his misconducts, whether it is about his alleged affairs or his car crash. Honestly, for me, I do not care about all of the supposed mistakes he has had in his life. Everyone seems to think they have the right to judge everyone else, but if everyone looked at themselves and the mistakes in their lives, I think we would all be utterly ashamed. I’m not condoning his actions, nor am I advocating them. I just feel that the curiosity surrounding one man’s personal life is ridiculous. John Daly, a fellow PGA golfer, has supported Woods through this unpleasant situation. Although, Daly is only one of the few who have stuck up for Woods, and he is speaking up about how people need to support the idol. I guess the message of this is incident along with every other public personality that is put under a microscope is that you cannot be a star, as well as just a normal person. You cannot rely on the fact that your friends will be there to back you up. You have to be willing to pay the price every time you make a mistake.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/golf/8407279.stm

Marie Y. Tues/Thurs 9:30-10:45 Kin 338I

No comments: