Thursday, December 17, 2009

Accomplishing All with a Disability

Earlier in the semester the guest speaker that came to visit the class true had an impact on my views in life. Unfortunately, I cannot remember her name. :) She told the class about her experience at sea as a disabled women rowing and breaking records. She was the first women and even disabled women to row across two seas. This accomplishment was incredible to me. I wish the class was more impress or involved with her presentation with us as a class. I never really knew much about the sport rowing and all of the hardships that come along with it for example all of the injuries, lack of sleep, and how the constant water effects your body. I felt honored that she came to my classroom and shared her experiences with us and the pictures were great!!! I am blessed to have a healthy body that can do more than a disabled person could do in their everyday life. But I do not think I have enough stamina, strength, and will to experience what our guest speaker experienced while she was rowing across the seas. I will never forget her trip to our class and I will tell more people about her and help people get more informed with the sport of rowing.

Jacqlene Corbin
KIN 338I
Sec. 3023
Thursday December 17, 2009

No comments: