Monday, December 14, 2009

Final two questions

What did you learn from 338i? How would you respond in five years?
I took a lot away form this class and have a better understanding about women in sports. I learned about feminist and how that relates to politics. I learned that even with the onset of title nine there are still many issues that women face in sports today. LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender) battle for equality on the most elite levels like the Olympics and strive to be able to participate in sport. When researching for my panel presentation, I got an idea of the difficulties a coach encounters when having to “come out”. If women’s sports received more coverage by the media I’m sure I would hear more about the negative recruiting that goings on in women’s sports and especially women’s basketball.
I would respond in a similar manor in five years. I would like to think that I would know more about women in sports in five years. This class has opened my eyes to some areas in sports that I wasn’t too familiar with. I thinking being a male, I haven’t paid to much attention to what has been happening with women in sports. I think in five years I will have a better understanding of women in sports than I do now.

I used to think________but I know think______.
I used to think I knew a lot about women in sports but I know think I have a broader view and perceptive of women in sports.

Albie Sears
Kin 338i
T/TH 2-3:15

No comments: