Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Next Generation of Female Athletes

This semester we have studied the resistant female athletes struggle with to play sport. For the awareness assignment I read the autobiography of Jackie Joyner-Kersee. I was worried after reading the first few chapters her experience wouldn't relate to the class. But, Jackie's experience paralleled the oppression that the female athletes face. This made me realize the oppression of the female athletes is a problem in my neighborhood and not just a class discussion. Posing for me the question, how will my generation decide to empower our young female athletes? I believe as female athletes excel and succeed in sport the patriarchal structure of sport will break down. Creating space for female athletes.

Amber M.

KIN 338I. S05

No comments: