Wednesday, December 17, 2008

This Woman Jump Started A Program

I would like to go and tell my own women in sports story. My friend that I work with played softball for the University of Tennessee. Her name is Kristi Durant, and I actually did my interview assignment on her just because she really had an inspiring story.

She could have gone to almost any college she wanted to out of high school, even UCLA who is a powerhouse in softball. However, she chose to go to Tennessee because they were rebuilding the team, and she felt that she wanted help build a program, not just play in an already established program.

So Kristi went to Tennessee, and after two bumpy years, Kristi and her class brought the team to national prominence. It was funny because she said they attracted more fans then the baseball team did, which is kind of unheard of in the south.

She had a great career there, setting the RBI record for the SEC. Unfortunately; she suffered a back injury, which still plagues her today. This prevented her from going to the national team. But because of this, se came to work with me and my friends, and I’m proud to say I work with Kristi Durant. I’m also lucky she plays third base for me on the company softball team.

Sean Dalton

KIN 338I Section 6

No comments: