Tuesday, April 8, 2008

NCAA Women's Basketball Championship Game

Earlier this evening, I was watching the NCAA Basketball Championship game between Stanford Cardinals and the Tennessee Lady Volunteers. It was a great game to watch, and I love to see my favorite College Basketball, Candace Parker play. Tennessee is one of four teams in womens college basketball to ever win back to back championships in college basketball. I found the emotion in the game to be great. They contested shots, they show emotions on fouls, even one of the players Nicky Anosike, a senior, started crying a little when one of her underclassmen got hurt during the game. Candace Parker, did something that most women college basketball players do not do, she is declaring for tomorrow's WNBA draft a year earlier then she had to. Even though WNBA players are not really recognized. I feel that Candace Parker, who will likely go to the Los Angeles Sparks, will help the WNBA tremendously. Her presence and domination in college basketball is unlike any I've ever witness. She will probably be one of the highest paid players in WNBA. She is also playing in the Olympics for Team USA. While it is going to take more then one player, I feel that Candace Parker in the Olympics and playing in the WNBA (hopefully in LA so I can see her) will have more people watching womens basketball.

Donovan S.

No comments: