Monday, April 7, 2008

Anaheim Ducks Practice

On Wednesday April 2 I attended a Anaheim Ducks practice. I have never seen a hockey game or watched any type of hockey activities, but my best friend is obsessed with the Anaheim Ducks and goes to all their games and actually plays hockey too. So when she took me to the Anaheim practice facility, it was whole new experience. First off, there wasn't even a lot of people watching them practice, I thought that was a little weird, because I know if the Lakers had an open practice where anyone could come and watch, the whole gym would be full. This just shows here that a lot of smaller sports don't receive as much credit or visibility through the media or being more commercialized. This goes back to the whole Title 9 topic and how many people think that Title 9 just has to deal with equal rights with women's sports. But a lot of the bigger sports such as football and basketball affect the smaller sports such as hockey and wrestling with their budgets being cut and not a bigger fan base.

~Kimberly Williams KIN 338 Tues/Thurs 9:30-10:45

No comments: