Thursday, November 19, 2009

Semenya is getting to keep her gold

I am very happy that they are allowing Semenya to keep her gold. I thought it was unfair from the beginning to try and take that away from her and all of her hard work she put in to get that award. The article discusses the issues that still lie about if she is eligible to race in the future. I am reading this article laughing because the author is saying things like "Whatever scientific tests were conducted legally within the IAAF regulations will be treated as a confidential matter between patient and doctor,” the sports ministry said". They already publicly humiliated her and now they are saying they will not reveal the result, if she not in the next race we all know what their decision was. I understand that people cheat in sports, but in this case Semenya can not help how she was born, she identifies herself as a woman and that is exactly how she should be treated. I guess it is situations like Semenya's that create more obstacles and better defined rules in game of sports.


http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/news?slug=ap-semenya-medal&prov=ap&type=lgns


Brynn Bixler tu/th at 9:30 Kin 338I

No comments: