Thursday, November 12, 2009

Am I a hypocrite?

Before our panel position papers were due, I was neutral to the idea of female athletes posing provocatively. However, after doing research and learning more about the pro side of the issue, I started to support that side more than the other. The reason for this post is that I clearly stated in class that there is absolutely nothing wrong with female athletes posing provocatively in ads or on television and it's not degrading athletes in any way. Earlier this week I saw a Reebok commercial that I did find offensive to women in general. The ad is suppose to be funny by the camera man focusing on the sales women's butt when she is trying to advertise Reebok's latest fitness Easy Tone shoe. I did find it a little funny, but it did get me to question why was I offended with this situation and not when it comes to half-naked women athletes?





If the video didn't show up, here's the url:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZtNuyypRbk

Do you guys find it offensive at all?


Torey Richmond
Kin3381
Section 01
Tues/Thurs
9:00-10:45am

No comments: