Monday, October 11, 2010

Running in the Dark

It's 5:30pm and I feel myself scrambling to get out of work as quickly as possible because I want to go on a run. Why would I be scrambling to leave work where I "run around" to go on a run? Well, this is the sad part of being a women in todays society. In actuality I would love to go home and relax for a little while before working out, however this is not an option for me due to the fact that I work in Laguna Beach and it takes me at least thirty minutes to get home. As I'm driving down Pacific Coast Highway at 6 o'clock, I am watching the sun quickly slip behind the horizon and the sky is getting a bit darker every second. I now know that if I wish to continue with my plan to go on a run I will need a partner. I called my boyfriend and he was more than happy to join me on my run, however it made me think how unfair it is that just because I am a women I dont feel safe "running in the dark." I dont think that every women thinks like this, but because of the stories I have heard its just not worth risking my saftey.

Jessica D.
KIN 338I. S6. T/Th 9:30

No comments: