Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Empowerment of Female Body

This activity of discussing different topics and arguments in relation to the female body was pretty unique. First of all it was a different way of class discussion. I felt like we had to take a stand and try to justify that point you related with. It was good to see where everybody stood on the spectrum and what reasons they had for their spot. Rob did make a good point in saying that he could stand anywhere on the spectrum. I felt the same way. I, however, was at the end of the spectrum with the argument about how females blur gendered boundaries and are empowered by their bodies no matter what shape, size, etc. I think though, that in my argument, the females had the mindset of the ultimate empowerment of their own bodies because whatever shape they did change into, if at all, then they were confident no matter what. This confidence that they exude is definitely an empowerment of the female body.

-German Bravo

No comments: