Monday, October 13, 2008

Women's Volleyball

In class we have discussed many different types of sports activities that women participate in. Although I am not a very athletic kind of girl, I still enjoy watching and learning about different types of athletic participation. Most of us can agree that going to a sports game, whichever the sport may be, really enthralls the attendee and makes them feel a part of the game. I just recently attended my first women's volleyball game and found it incredibly interesting and motivating in many aspects. I noticed the female players on the teams were so intense in every motion they displayed. They were aggressive, determined, and to my surprise played very much like men. You could tell in their faces how serious they felt about the match and their opponents. I also noticed how supportive the girls sitting out of the game were to their fellow teammates. They cheered their teammates on throughout the entire game. Even if they were falling behind with scores they still were extremely enthusiastic and keep a positive outlook. I really enjoyed the supportive attitudes the most out the whole volleyball tournament. Observing my very first women's volleyball tournament was a really eye opening experience. I could not believe how hard these women played. You could see the strength in their eyes. From an observer in the stands the women played just as well and as strong as men.
- Katie Wilson, Kin. 338I

No comments: