Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Super Bowl

I was excited when we were told to write a paper on the Super Bowl since I was already planning on watching it. At the beginning of the game my friend made a comment that was directed towards Jordan Sparks right before she sung the national anthem. He stated, “Whoa, look at that girl, she looks like she should be on the field with the team.” I was very upset about this comment and told him how I felt. He had no idea that America actually choose her as the American Idol and that there is more to her than her body type. After she started singing, he said she had a great voice and face but she still looked like she should strap on some gear and start warming up. Comments like this show us that men and women are still not considered equal in everyone’s eyes. That comment was a sarcastic remark. In my analysis of what he said, I would think that he would never believe that a girl could actually be the quarterback in a Super Bowl game. I believe that in years to come we will continue to see the separation of genders move closer together and hopefully one day have women and men be considered equal in regards to income, power, and sports.

Jennifer Allison
KIN 338I W 7-9:45

1 comment:

Trevon Williams said...

Doing this superbowl assignment opened my eyes to watch, compare, and contrast how women respond and men respond to the suoerbowl. In the past before the assignment I never bothered to pay attention. I am glad I did the assignment because from now on I will start being more aware of my surroundings.